The following eleven factors will make you a better photographer.
1. Rule of Thirds– We already discussed what rule of thirds is in our previous post. So, by now, you should have some knowledge about it. It is important that you should identify whether the composition needed for a particular shoot requires the rule of thirds. Be sure to check every shot to know exactly how it looks. A better photographer experiments in composition.
2. Leading Lines-Look for leading lines or any object that has long body that could provide impressions of direction. A bridge, fence, hand rails, railroads, roads, etc. are some examples. These lines could lead or direct the eye to a certain direction. The viewer’s perspective is easily affected by lines and provide the image with more dynamism. It is important that the image catch attention from the one looking at it. This element (the lines) should be framed in a manner that it shows some 3D effect. This means that the lines should not be captured in a plane horizontal or vertical manner. There should be an angle towards the center or at a certain point.
3. Patterns– Repetitive patterns could be an interesting subject or element in composing your image. Intricate designs that is present in the scene could give some unique effect in the composition. Naturally, our eyes are attracted to something that gives illusion or any unrecognizable thing. In this case, the pattern that was framed into a single image could be seen as an abstract. The mind will work and try to figure it out and that process makes the image more interesting for the viewer.
Another factor is one of the most common that we encounter.
4. Colors-Colors are great. As a photographer, you must identify and recognize when to use colors. Black and white is a classic get go when we need a safe shot, I must say. That is not always the case. We should be able to instantly know when to shoot B&W and when to maximize the beauty of colors. The intensity of colors could help a lot in portraying what you want to relay in your image. The color temperature, tint, vibrance, and saturation are all important factors. I suggest to to emphasize certain colors. You can enhance colors during post processing but do not overdo it.
People love black and white photographs is because of its classy elegant feel, but don’t get me wrong. B&W photography is more technical and intricate. There are so many factors to consider. We will discuss it in another article some other time to be a better photographer.
5. The Ground– Consider the position of the subject, with respect to the ground, as well as the distance of the camera from the ground. Grounding your subject in manner that you framed it according to your preference is almost automatic. So, let us take into consideration the distance of your camera from the ground. When the camera is position in a normal distance from the ground, or you shoot holding your camera eye level while standing, is the typical distance.
When you take a knee while shooting, you actually is bringing the camera towards the ground. This gives a new perspective. The subject will appear higher. The nearer the camera to the ground, the bigger the subject would look. The subject will then appear smaller as the camera goes higher just like when taking an aerial shot. Just take some shots at different heights or levels to know when to apply them.
6. Filling the frame-In composition, rule of thirds can be handy. You can break it as well. Putting up several elements in the frame could be tricky. Sometimes we tend to fill the basket with vegetables as many as possible but that don’t do well in photography. We should learn what elements are actually needed in the frame and disregard what is not.
7. Symmetry-Symmetry go against the rule of thirds because symmetry requires the composition to be perfectly balance. The left part should be a mirror image of the other side in terms of elements. It is not a requirement to always follow symmetry. Be sure to recognize what kind of subject and in what situation symmetry should be applied.
8. Diagonals– I also consider diagonals like leading lines and pattern. Most better photographer uses diagonal lines. Learn how to exploit the good effect of diagonals in the image you are trying to compose and give justice to.
A better photographer also look from afar.
9. Horizon-Considering the horizon is very important. The horizon could make your image or destroy it. For example in a prenup photo, you would not want your couples to be cut in two by the horizon. Just avoid that. You can use the horizon as a reference of how squared your composition is. You can tell that your image is squared up when the horizon is in parallel with the horizontals in the viewfinder.
10. Environment Condition-It is one of the most important factor to consider specially when you are outdoor where you cannot control the environment. Be ready for any weather condition. It might rain or be windy during the shoot. Too much brightness of the sun can be also a problem particularly in having hard shadows. Setup your equipment in a studio where the environment is controlled. Identify the amount of light you need and what other things do you need. You might want to be at your best every time.
11. Negatives-Not all negative are bad specially in photography. Negative space provide artistry in every image. Using negative space in photography could be considered as minimalist photography just like in paintings.
97, 98 Tamoxifen has been heralded as one of the most important advances in the treatment of breast cancer because approximately 70 of these patients have estrogen receptor positive ER cancer brand name cialis online
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
I don’t think the title of your article matches the content lol. Just kidding, mainly because I had some doubts after reading the article.
Thanks for sharing. I read many of your blog posts, cool, your blog is very good.
Thank you for your sharing. I am worried that I lack creative ideas. It is your article that makes me full of hope. Thank you. But, I have a question, can you help me?
Can you be more specific about the content of your article? After reading it, I still have some doubts. Hope you can help me.
is there over the counter viagra Somebody in your practice should have checked on my labs